Church
The VVU sanctuary, the Church, is thought of as the “heart” of the campus. That is the reason for its conspicuous design that creates a contrast to the remaining buildings on campus. The idea of the church’s roof is a metaphor for an open space area covered by large trees – since trees represent an important aspect of nature in Africa. The roof is a light steel construction consisting of different roof elements almost looking like butterflies. These elements “hover” above the main auditorium with 1850 seats and provide protection from sun and rain. The exterior walls in the north and the south are created in the shape of concrete “slices,” which provide protection from the sun and at the same time allow the very important cross ventilation. The colorful glazing provides the interior with a very special appearance.

The service areas and offices are located within four “functional boxes” – two of them near the entrance and the other two near the podium. The notion of functional boxes allows the keeping of a clear structure inside.

The large roof-covered space in front of the entrance used as an area for assembling, meeting or as additional seating area takes on the job of connecting the interior with the exterior spaces, especially the ceremonial ground.

Faculty Building 

 
Andrew Clerk and Columbia Union Halls


As the university expands, six department complexes will be built within the central area of the campus. One department complex consists of four three-storey buildings with a hipped roof. In each case two buildings are connected by a link corridor that provides the entrance to the buildings. By the arrangement of the four buildings a big central and green courtyard is created, which can be used not only during the breaks, but also for open-air lessons.

 

 

© 2016 Valley View University. All Rights Reserved. Designed By VVU ITS